n1ck 2.04.09 - 04:42am
Thats a good question, and the answer can be found in scripture. *

n1ck 2.04.09 - 04:59am
How does the world try to tell us whether we are born again? *

endtimes 2.04.09 - 06:56am
The Spirit bears witness with your spirit that you are born again. *

n1ck 2.04.09 - 04:18pm
Sorry guys I got side tracked.

Some say they just know they are saved, but the Bible says there is a way that seems right to a man but leads to distruction.

Some say that they just know in their hearts that they are saved, but the Bible says the heart is deceitfully wicked and who can know it.

Some say that if you repeat a prayer and ask Jesus into your heart you will be saved, but how many times have you done that and fallen straight back into sin 2 days later? *

n1ck 2.04.09 - 04:21pm
If you go door to door around your home town and ask people if they are saved, 90 percent will say yes. But we know thats not true, because half of them probably dont even attend church and only a small percent of those that do are active in the church. 90 percent of people will say they are saved yet how much crime and corruption and abortions etc do we see? *

n1ck 2.04.09 - 04:22pm
So if so many people believe themselves to be saved, and yet we know thats not true, how can we be sure that we are saved? How can we be sure that our confession will stand true on that day that the Lord returns? *

n1ck 2.04.09 - 04:24pm
Well in 2 Corinthians 13:5 Paul tells the church - i.e. people who think they are saved - to EXAMINE THEMSELVES IN THE LIGHT OF SCRIPTURE TO SEE IF THEY ARE IN THE FAITH (i.e. saved). *

n1ck 2.04.09 - 04:28pm
We need to compare our lives with scripture to see if we fit the description of a saved person. Look at this:

1) In Matthew 7:15-23 Jesus says you will know them by their fruit.

2)The book of 1 John describes 11 tests by which you can test yourself to see if you are saved.

n1ck 2.04.09 - 04:28pm
Compare your life to the scriptures to see if you are saved *

fonxplor 3.04.09 - 06:40pm
Hi there i'm fairly new to this group and delighted to be amongst God fearing people, already enjoying the topic. Thought I should stay in the fight instead of just wondering my whole life if i'm saved or not. We must strive towards friendliness and holiness wherwithout we won't see God. *

n1ck 4.04.09 - 07:27am
Hey ther fonxplor! Welcome smile.GIF I have a topic about this subject in my wapgroup ReasonforHope, I have gone into much more detail there if you are interested. *

n1ck 4.04.09 - 07:43am
The topic is called Assurance of Salvation *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Create Your Own App Store