Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: SURRENDER and TRUST
Replies: 23 Views: 1319

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:12am
0X6G6wBGOFO195Z9O27V.jpg sometimes life is difficult.
John 16:33

These things I have spoken to you, that you may have peace. In the world you havf tribulation; be of good cheer, I HAVE overcome the world. NKJ *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:16am
WILL HE HELP US?
Ps 50:15

Call upon Me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me. (NKJ)

David understood the disappointment with other humans because we as sin filled creatures may at any time disappoint others. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:20am
In Psalm 12 David writes: Help, LORD, for the godly are no more, the faithful have vanished from among men. Everyone lies to his neighbour, their flattering lips speak deception. (NIV)

This is no reason to cut ourselves off from others. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:27am
CAN I TRUST GOD IN THE BAD TIMES? YES, WE CAN AND SHOULD TRUST GOD!
In the Bible we see 3 fundamemtal truths about God upon which our trust in God is based.

God is completely Sovereign (1Tim 6:13-15
God is infinate wisdom (Rom 11:33)
God is perfect in His love (Rom8:38-39, John 4:8-10) *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:35am
Can you TRUST God?
Can YOU trust God?

Rom 8:28 - We can be sure that every detail in our lives is worked into something good.

Matt 6:31-33
So dont worry about having enough food or drink or clothing. Why be like the pagans who are so deeply concerned about these things? Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the kingdom of God your primary concern. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:43am
The God of Hebrews 11 is still our God today.
Faith demands action.
I'm leading up to just two words, and they are what i call God's inscription for Abraham in His Hall of Fame.
They are,
NOT KNOWING.
Ps 115:2-3 - Obedience leads to knowing.
John 7:17 - if anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. (NKJ) *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:47am
Prov 3:5-6
TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING, IN ALL YOUR WAYS AKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:52am
Let's look at 4 key phrases:

* TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART

Believing in God is not good enough. We need to believe Him.
The word faithis a little difficult but trust makes more sense. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:56am
It is only when we trust God that we demonstrate that we have faith in Him.
We must trust Him completely. We must trust Him with our whole lives. Even if i dont understand, i need to trust Him unconditionally. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 07:56am
LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING

One problem is that we all think we know better than God. Solomon the author of these words knew the dangers of following his own rebellious heart. His backsliding resulted in him writing Ecclesiastes and Proverbs. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 08:08pm
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. (NKJ)

We have only one of two options: trust God or trust ourselves! *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 08:12pm
IN ALL YOUR WAYS AKNOWLEDGE HIM

In all your ways.
Many Christians today live their lives according to the so called sacred-secular divide. One person with Christians and another with worldly people. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 08:21pm
Surrender
2 Sam 22:31
As for God, His way is perfect, the Word of the LORD is proven, He is a shield to all who trust in Him. (NKJ)

Prov 30:5
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. (NKJ) *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 08:27pm
1 Chr 5:20
..He heeded their prayer,because they put their trust in Him.(NKJ)

Phil 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds (shield) through Christ Jesus. (NKJ) *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 08:32pm
HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT

Jesus said: Matt 7:13, 14
Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. (NKJ) *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 08:37pm
Paul found the straight road, Acts 9:11
So the Lord said to him, Arise and go the street called Straight.

Acts 13:10
O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? (NKJ) *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 08:40pm
If we
surrender and trust
the Lord,
He will lead us
on the
straight and narrow road.

endtimes 9.08.08 - 08:47pm
SUMMARY

Trust in the Lord with all your heart:
Get in the plane.
Lean not on your own understanding: Dont try to fly the plane yourself.
In all your ways acknowledge Him: Dont get halfway in and halfway out.
He will make your paths straight: Trust the Pilot to take you there safely and along the shortest possible way. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 08:53pm
HOW DO I BEGIN TO TRUST GOD?

1) Dedicate your life to Him and if backslidden rededicate yourself to Christ. Make sure He is the absolute Lord of your life. Trust God to do His work of renewal in you. Trust Him even with sickness, age, and death. If He's been faithful to you in the earlier seasons of life, He will not forsake you now. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 09:01pm
2. Spend more time in God's Word, prayer and fellowship with on fire Christians.

3. Let the light of Christ reflect from you to others. Find ways of serving God: pray, volunteer, witnep, write encouraging notes...if we walk in the light, we have fellowship with one another. (1John 1:7) *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 09:06pm
Is it possible to know when im really trusting God?
Others will observe it clearly if you are surrendered and trusting God fully.
Peace will radiate from you.
No worry, tension and anxiety. *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 09:09pm
To trust God we must know Him in our own life in a deep and personal way through His Word and confirmed by our experiences of life.

Ps 9:10
And those who know Your name put their trust in You, for You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. (NKJ) *

endtimes 9.08.08 - 09:12pm
swCOc8d4TZsZaZCDTaZM.jpg Scriptures to help!
Phil 1:6
Eph 1:13-14
1Thes 5:23,24
Ps 37:3-5 *

gbopp 10.08.08 - 04:59am
reading2.GIF hifive.GIF *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

Create Your Own App Store

topTop