Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: *JERUSALEM*
Replies: 18 Views: 2567

gbopp 5.08.08 - 09:08am
XG7vAc8LCKJElZAIb8RI.jpg
THE CITY OF GOD There is no city on the face of the earth like Jerusalem.
JERUSALEM- the very word excites and stirs deep emotions, memories of the part, and hope of the future.
*THE TEMPLE.
*THE CHANTING
OF PILGRIMS.
*THE PALACES AND TOWERS.
*RELIGIOUS LONGINGS FOR
JEWS, MUSLIMS, AND CHRISTIANS.
*JEWS PRAYING AT THE WESTERN WALL FOR PEACE IN THE HOLY CITY.

JERUSALEM IS WHERE HEAVEN AND EARTH MEET.
There are cities famous for their size, their industrial and manufacturing capacities, their sports teams, or their unique location.
But Jerusalem is like no other city on the face of the earth. From its earlier conception, the history of Jerusalem is the history of war and peace, of greatness and misery, of splendor and squalor, of Solomon's wisdom, and of blood flowing in the gutter like rainwater in spring. The golden thread running through that blood-soaked historical tapestry is the unshakable association of the Jewish People with the Sacred City. Jerusalem is sacred to Christians, Muslims, and Jews, BUT GOD HAVE GIVEN JERUSALEM ONLY TO THE JEWS. *

gbopp 5.08.08 - 09:47am
The Jewish love affair with Jerusalem has been interrupted through the centuries by a series of greedy and bloodthirsty conquerors. Even today, the roots of anti-Semitism still run deep in the hearts of people throughout the world-including in our own nation. There is evidence that many Christians around the world are beginning to own up to the role the Church played in promoting this hatred for the Jews. In an article in Charisma magazine in August 1996, David Aikman stated, ''After centuries of intolerance, flecked with murder and crude social bigotry, increasing numbers of Christians in recent years have been owning up to the Church's historical role in anti-Semitism.
And they have been repenting of it.''
In spite of the effects of anti-Semitism expressed against them, throughout the 3000years since David made Jerusalem the Capital City, the spiritual attachment of the Jewish People to Jerusalem remains unbroken. It is a bond created by Covenant between God and Abraham, which no amount of suffering or sacrifice can sever.
During the Diaspora, wherever the Jews found themselves on the face of the earth, the Jewish People prayed for the return of Zion, the Biblical synonym for JERUSALEM. *

gbopp 5.08.08 - 10:03am
Their synagogues, wherever in the world they are built, were built facing Jerusalem. When the Jews built a house, part of a wall would be left unfinished, symbolizing the fact it was a temporary dwelling-until the owner could return to Jerusalem. Without the City of Jerusalem, the state of Israel could
not exist.
Jerusalem is the heart and soul of Zionism. Jerusalem is now and will be in the future the
Centre of the Universe.
There will be no peace in the world until there is peace in Jerusalem. Jerusalem is like no other City on the face of the Earth because Jerusalem is nothing less than THE CITY OF GOD. *

gbopp 5.08.08 - 10:28am
2Chronicles6:6
'Yet I have chosen Jerusalem, that My name may be there, and I have chosen David to be over My people Israel.' 2Chronicles7:16
Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in
this place.

God Himself chose to establish Jerusalem as His dwelling place on Earth forever. Jerusalem is the City where God's Presence dwells on the Earth. It is the literal Presence of the living God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. That Divine Presence appeared to Moses in the burning bush, calling him to liberate the Jewish People from the iron grip of Egyptian slavery. That Presence caused the crest of Mount Sinai to glow with God's Glory as He gave Moses the Ten Commandments. That Divine Presence was on Moses' face as he descended the Mount. That powerful Presence can be felt at the Westerne Wall in Jerusalem where legions of prayers pound the gates of Heaven day and night for the peace of Jerusalem.
That Presence was established by God through King David, as we can read in 1Kings11:36;
'And to his son [Solomon] I will give one tribe, that My servant David may always have a lamp before Me in Jerusalem, the City which I have chosen for Myself, to put My name there. *

gbopp 6.08.08 - 04:13am
The reality of that Presence is validated by
King David, who records the following;
Psalm48 [KJV]
1. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the City of our God, in the mountain of His Holiness
2. Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is Mount Zi'-on, on the sides of the north, the City of the Great King.
8. As we have heard, so have we seen in the City of the Lord of hosts, in the City of our God; God will establish it
for ever. Se'-lah.

12-14 Walk about Zi'-on, and go around her; tell the towers thereof.
*Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that we may tell it to the generation following.
*For this God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even unto death.

gbopp 6.08.08 - 04:35am
Jerusalem is the heart of Israel. There are voices now calling for the sacred City to be shared as a part of the Roadmap for peace in the Middle East. Let it be known to all men far and near, the City of Jerusalem is not up for negotiation with anyone at any time for any reason in the future. It has been and shall always be the Eternal and undivided Capital of the State of Israel...
After the return of Israel from the Babylonian captivity, when people from other nations sought to share in the restoration of Jerusalem, Nehemiah, the Jewish Governor, said to them;
Then answered I them, and said unto them, ''The God of Heaven will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build; but
ye have no portion, nor right, nor memorial, in
Je-ru'-sa-lem.''

gbopp 6.08.08 - 04:42am
''IF I FORGET THEE, O JERUSALEM''
David, Israel's poet and prophet, recognized the great importance God had placed on His City, Jerusalem. For David, Jerusalem was the passion of his life, his soul.
He cried out;
''If I forget thee,
O Je-ru'-sa-lem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
*If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Je-ru'-sa-lem above my chief joy
[Psalm137:5,6]
What is David saying to us in this Scripture. David was a master musican who played with such skill that the demon spirits of King Saul was quieted by the melodious sounds that arose from David's heart. David was a Psalmist, a Songwriter, who enjoyed singing the songs of Zion. In this Scripture David was saying, ''If I forget Jerusalem, let me never be able to play the harp again, as my right hand will forget its cunning. If I forget Jerusalem, let me never be able to sing another song as my tongue cleaves to my mouth. The message is very clear. If you take a master musican's ability to play his instrument away...If you take away the ability of a vocalist to sing...life has no meaning. The purpose of life is over. The passion for life and living has gone. David was saying, ''If I forget Jerusalem, life has lost its meaning, its purpose, and its passion.'' 'Israel without Jerusalem would be like a human body without a heart.' '' *

gbopp 9.08.08 - 01:43pm
XG7vAc8LCKJElZAIb8RI.jpg
THE CITY OF PEACE
In Genesis14:18, the Bible records that ''Melchizedek,
King of Salem''
blessed Abraham. Salem means ''peaceful'' and was an early name for the City of Jerusalem.
Jeru-salem means ''The City of Peace'' Historically, Jerusalem has been anything but peaceful. As we look into the chapters of the Jewish people, we will see that Jerusalem's citizens have been led into captivity by Nebuchadnezzar and the Babylonians. Their temples were desecreated and their citizens slaughtered by the Romans. Even today, Jerusalem is walking the Roadmap for Peace, a strategy to bring peace to the Middle East developed by the United States in cooperation with Russia, the European Union, and the United Nations, which was presented to Israel and the Palestinian Authority in April_2003. This strategy may well prove to be a roadmap to nowhere!
Lasting Peace will not come to Jerusalem until the Messiah comes. He will usher in the Golden Age of Peace... At that time every man ''shall beat their swords into plowshares'' and study war no more. [Isaiah.2:4]
The lion shall lie down with the lamb, and the river of life shall flow from the Temple Mount to the Dead Sea. On either side of the river of life will grow a tree that will bear twelve different kinds of fruit, one kind for each month. The leaves of those trees will produce healing for the nations. [Rev.22:1,2] *

gbopp 9.08.08 - 02:23pm
Jerusalem is the City where Solomon built the second Temple, today considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Jerusalem is the City where Jeremiah and Isaiah uttered moral and spiritual principles that shaped the standard of righteousness for the nations of the world. Jerusalem is the City where Jesus Christ, a Jewish Rabbi, was crucified by the Romans as a political insurrectionist considered to dangerous to live. Why was Jesus Christ considered to dangerous to live by the Romans? The answer is quite simple. Any man who could feed the multitudes with the content of a boy's sack lunch could feed an army. Anyone who could heal the injured and raise the dead could marshal legions of zealots to wage war against imperial Rome, which believed its people could not be permanently injured or killed. Jerusalem is the City where Jesus sat on the side of the Mount of Olives and wept over Jerusalem, saying;
''O Je-ru'-sa-lem,
Je-ru'-sa-lem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee,
how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

*Behold your house is left unto you desolate;
*For I say unto you, Ye shall not see Me henceforth, till ye shall say, 'Blessed is He who cometh in the name of the Lord.''
[Matt.23:37-39]. *

gbopp 9.08.08 - 02:49pm
As Christ carried His cross through the cobblestone streets of Jerusalem, He saw the women weeping for Him as He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. Christ stopped, looked into the weeping faces of the daughters of Jerusalem, and said; Daughters of
Jeru'-sa-lem, weep not for Me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.

*For behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, ''Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never have s*ck!'' KJV
[Luke23:28, 29].

As Jesus looked into the future, He said, ''The days are coming.'' And they came. Just 37years after Christ uttered those words, the Romans under Titus laid siege to Jerusalem. Starvation was so severe that tens of thousands of Jerusalem's inhabitants died. In a frantic effort to keep from starving to death, some of the people even resorted to cannibalism. Moses prophecied this in Deut.28:49-57....
The days of persecution and trouble for God's chosen people have continued through the centuries. But God had also promised His people that He would bring them back from bondage and persecution around the world and again establish His people in Israel and restore the City of Jerusalem. This restoration has begun. On May_14th, 1948, the state of Israel was proclaimed by David Ben-Gurion. Beyond question, it was the day of greatest prophetic fulfillment during the 20th century. *

gbopp 15.08.08 - 05:45am
It happened just a Jehovah God had declared through His prophets.
Isaiah43:1, 5-6.
But now thus saith the Lord that created thee,
O Ja'-cob, and that He formed thee,
O Is'-ra-el, Fear not; for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name;
thou art mine.

*Fear not; for I am with thee; I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west
*I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back; bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth. Ezekiel 11:17-19.
Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Is'ra-el.
*And they shall thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from hence.
*And I will give them a new heart, and I will put My a new Spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh; *

gbopp 18.08.08 - 03:02am
Jeremiah31:4,8
Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be a built, O virgin of
Is'-ra-el; thou shalt again be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry.

*Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the land- the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together; a great company shall return thither. Psalm126:1,2
WHEN the Lord turned again the captives of Zi'-on,
we were like them that dream.

*Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing; then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. *

gbopp 18.08.08 - 03:56am
With absolute Scriptural Authority, it could be said that if Israel had not been brought back to their land....if the Mighty Right Hand of God did not ransom Jacob, there would be just reason to doubt the validity of the Bible. The regathering of the Jewish people and the rebirth of Israel is no historical aberration-
the restoration of Jerusalem is a prelude to the return of The Lord. The Bible says... When the Lord shall build up Zi'-on, He shall appear in His Glory,
Psalm102:16
Scripture make it unmistakably clear that when the Lord returns, it will to a Sovereign Jerusalem controlled by the Jewish People.
In the ETERNAL COUNCEL of ALMIGHTY GOD, He has determined to make Jerusalem the decisive issue by which He will deal with the nations of the earth. Those nations who align themselves with God's purpose for Jerusalem will receive His blessing. But those who follow a policy of opposition to God's purpose will receive the swift and severe judgement of God without limitations. *

gbopp 18.08.08 - 04:19am
Pray pray.GIF for the peace *SHALOM* of
Je-ru'-sa-lem; they shall prosper that love Thee
Psalm122:6 XG7vAc8LCKJElZAIb8RI.jpg
THE CITY OF GOD
Out of Zion's Hill Salvation comes. *

gbopp 18.08.08 - 04:39am
Isaiah62:1,2
For Zi'-on's sake will I not hold My peace, and for
Je-ru'-sa-lem's sake i will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

*And the Gen'-tiles shall see thy righteousness, and all Kings thy Glory; and thou shalt be called by a new name, which thy mouth of the Lord shall name. *

agency 16.02.09 - 08:10pm
Amen , Amen to that! ! ! *

agency 16.02.09 - 08:14pm
Sha-Alu Shalom YIRUSHALAYIM. ( HEBREW) Pray for the peace of Jerusalem *

agency 16.02.09 - 08:19pm
Sha-Alu means to ark the Redeemer of the City of Jerusalem that HE would bring Shalom (pease) to the Place, the people, through The Prince of Pease. (Jesus) *

agency 16.02.09 - 08:23pm
The Hebrew word for prosper is Shalav. To be at rest. So if you pray for Jerusalem you will be at rest. Shalom. *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits