Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: Waves of Success
Replies: 3 Views: 716

agape777 31.07.08 - 05:36am
The waves of successive seasons of revival blessing throughout Church History have left recurring high-water marks. These signs of the Holy Spirit's pushings across the Earth and throughout time, have, as a rule, been the result of God's signal use of Anointed Men and Women, whose leadership not only was the spearhead making a Holy penetration in their world, but whose name became the designation of that revival era. Accordingly we note the strata of Church History by the mention of names, such as Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, Knox, Huss, Wesley, Finney,
and Moody.

But with the opening of the twentieth century, from out of the wellspring of the Holiness tradition, a revival broke forth, which is distinctive in two ways.
First, the wave of renewal it gave rise to in the Church internationally, has not receded; rather, it has continued to roll forward and to engulf leaders and laity in every historic tradition and contempory circle of Christianity.
Second, this revival has not been characterized by the leaders in any primary personality to set agenda or establish its style. One historian has referred to the Pentecostal-Charismatic revival as ''a movement without man,''
thereby noting the phenomenon that its broadening thee of influence is dynamically global and impacting in every sector of the Church. No one can proscribe the movements boundaries, none can inscribe his name upon it, and who can describe it in any other way that by Peter's words at Pentecost; This was spoken by the Prophet Joel;... and in the last days.... I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh.'' *

agape777 31.07.08 - 05:56am
Acts2:16-18
''But this is what was spoken by the Prophet Joel.
17.'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18.And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

+Joel2:28,29+ *

agape777 31.07.08 - 06:24am
As the waves of this renewal have spread, the common denominator of those it engulfs is not a doctrinal position as much as it is a mutual sharing in a new dynamic. This NEW is neither novel or unprecedented, but simply a rekindling and release of the simplicity and power inherent in the New Testament Church-the life and Ministry of Jesus Christ continuing in His body today after the manner of the Books of Acts. Because of this,
it has characteristically been difficult to prepare a single Bible study to serve this broad community. Their convictions about
The Person of
Jesus Christ,
His Virgin birth,
Sinless life,
Atoning death, Literal resurrection, and Majestic ascension are essentially in agreement.

Their view of the authority of the Word of God and its Divine inspiration is absolute and uniformely the same. As their experience of the contempory operations of the Holy Spirit-whose Fullness, Fruits, Gifts, and works of power are welcomed and realize today as at the Church's inception-
is held in general accord. However, by reason of the breadth of their denominational backgrounds, a wide diversity characterized this band. They will be found at all points of the spectrum on such issues as
1) Calvinism contrasted with Arminianism;
2) Dispensational contrasted with Covenant theology; 3) Premillennial, Portmillennial, and Armillennial difference in prophetic interpretation; and 4) views and practises on the place and purpose of
''speaking in tongues'' with references to the believer's initial infilling of the Holy spirit... *

agape777 31.07.08 - 09:07am
The striking fact, given this widely diverse group, is that their movement together reflects not a lack of conviction about those points wherein they view Scripture differently, but a response to the Holy Spirit's compulsion to give place to another overarching conviction. These leaders choose to let brotherly love prevail in the Church, to seek peace and pursue it, and to acknowledge the prayer of our
Lord Jesus ''that they may be one.''
None of these lack Biblical depth or theological convictions, but are people who realize Ephesians4:13's ''unity of Faith''
focuses on mutual ''knowledge of the Son of God'' and not our private textbooks. We meet at the table of communion-remembering Christ's Cross through which we have all been redeemed; celebrating His body to which we have been called; and testifying of the power of His Blood that has redeemed, washed, and justified us from our sins. It is there we have found Oneness- under Jesus' Lordship, and where we choose to stand together as more and more of His body grow toward
''a perfect man, to the measure of the statute of the fullness of Christ.... speaking truth in love''
+Eph.4:13-15+ *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits