Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: Discussion Quiz!!
Replies: 89 Views: 3829
1-> 7->>

joe.sa 4.07.08 - 03:10pm
QTa0XC4C5htLGi9CAVbH.jpg Hi all, I want to start a discussion qiuzz. The idea is that I will ask a question from time to time and that you will answer it. But the answers are also open for discussion and you're welcome to ask questions. Enjoy swing.GIF *

joe.sa 4.07.08 - 03:11pm
What is the greatest command in the Bible? *

rodney5 4.07.08 - 04:11pm
I will say evey word that comes from GOD in the bible is a great command. If i do not take GODS word as a command then i use my wil and carry on as i want. Gen 27v8 Now therefore my son,obey my voice according to that which i command the. *

joe.sa 4.07.08 - 04:15pm
Ok. But there is one that Jesus says is the greatest. *

rodney5 4.07.08 - 04:18pm
And the greatest command in the bible is. John15v17. These things i command you, that ye love one another. If we all obey this command we will have peace on earth. *

joe.sa 4.07.08 - 04:25pm
Yes it has 2 parts. What is the other (important) part? *

rodney5 4.07.08 - 04:26pm
I do not recall ever reading of any command that is greater than Charity.?? Good topic.I need help pls. *

joe.sa 4.07.08 - 04:28pm
Jesus said that the greatest command is to love God with all your heart and mind and soul. And the 2nd - which is equal to the 1st - to love your neighbour as yourself. *

rodney5 4.07.08 - 04:32pm
Joe i know that is the first part but we forget the first part and always start with the second part. Why do we do this. Someone else now pls. *

joe.sa 4.07.08 - 04:34pm
Yes I do that as well :-/ *

rodney5 4.07.08 - 04:35pm
I often ask this ques and the answerusually is to love ur neighbour. Why do we start there? *

joe.sa 4.07.08 - 04:36pm
Maybe because we cannot see God? *

rodney5 4.07.08 - 04:38pm
Could it be that i dont always place GOD first in my life?? *

joe.sa 4.07.08 - 04:40pm
GOOD question. *

rodney5 4.07.08 - 04:41pm
We dont see GOD but his creatlon we see and we experience his power and his blessings daily. *

rodney5 6.07.08 - 06:13am
This discussion is about GODS greatest command. More views on this please.. *

endtimes 6.07.08 - 11:53am
If we love God with all our hearts, strength and mind, we will automatically love our neighbour, even our enemies, because you cant hate another and love God, Its impossible. Gods love flows over when you make Him first priority and center of your love, so His love spills over in your heart towards your neighbour even to all of God's creations. *

seastarr 6.07.08 - 12:48pm
Amen, sis endtimes that is so true. Love God as he first loved us and everything else naturally falls into place.agree.GIF *

joe.sa 7.07.08 - 10:25am
Good point ET and SS.
That was going to be my next question: does the end justify the means? Or put differently can we use any method to try and get people to heaven, or must we be guided by love? *

rodney5 7.07.08 - 11:52am
I can never win a Soul for GOD by telling him his faith is not GODS calling for us. We will make him angry and he will defent his faith irrespective what we say. I must teach him with love and he will decide if what he has is good or not. *

rodney5 7.07.08 - 11:57am
We must remember that many people are in a faith or religion because their Great Grandfather was in the same. If we attack this faith we are rediculating him and his parents and grandparents and on and on. We can only work with Godly love. *

rodney5 7.07.08 - 12:04pm
Jesus said many things. He said he comes with a sword and not with peace. He turned tables over. He told people there father is satan and many more. No man can be JESUS or God. I cant repeat what JESUS said unless i have the same cir tances he had. *

joe.sa 7.07.08 - 12:50pm
Ok. Anyone else have an opinion about this? *

rodney5 7.07.08 - 02:50pm
Math10v34...I came not to send peace but a sword. John 2v15. Overthrew the tables.. John8v44. Ye are of your father the devil.....JESUS said this because they wanted to murder him. We also say today if someone wants to murder. He is possesed by the devil or he is the devils child. *

rodney5 7.07.08 - 02:54pm
If i walk in the order of GOD as JESUS did then i can say follow me and do as i do. *

gbopp 9.07.08 - 06:19am
Jesus does not attack family relationships, but indicates that no earthly tie, however intimate, should detract from aggressive loyalty to Him. This loyalty may even result in certain family members being shunned by other family members. When Christ said, He brought a sword and not peace, He was saying that families would turn on each other if some followed Him and others didn't. (it's a harsh reality but it's a truth) *

gbopp 9.07.08 - 06:29am
When Christ confronted the Pharisees selling their merchandise in the temple, He said to them. Matthew21:13... ''It is written, My house shall be called a house of prayer,' but you have made it a den of thieves.'' ...If any problems occur in the Church Lifestyle, then we must discuss it with the Church Elders and let them deal with it. *

gbopp 9.07.08 - 06:36am
In John8:31-59, the claim of the people to be descendants of Abraham was futile, because their deeds evidenced a lack of any moral relationship to Christ. If they were truly children of God, they would reverence the Son of God, instead, their reaction against Jesus only revealed the sobering fact that the devil was their father. It is not ethnic or family pedigree that makes one acceptable to God but honoring God by believing in and loving Jesus Christ. *

gbopp 9.07.08 - 06:51am
Psalm4:4... Be angry, and do not sin. Mediate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Psalm37:8... Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret- it only causes harm... ...Paul said in Ephesians4:26,27.. ''Be angry, and do not sin''; do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27.nor give place to the devil... *

rodney5 9.07.08 - 08:23am
Thank you agreed. AMEN *

rodney5 9.07.08 - 08:32am
There are two approaches to any situation. A GODLY approach or a UNGODLY approach. *

rodney5 9.07.08 - 08:42am
Whenever i go against the will of GOD then the devil is my father. I am serving the devil. Do we see this? It is not complicated and the truth *

gbopp 9.07.08 - 08:55am
Hey rodney we all go against the flow at times, but to say that the devil is our father is NOT ON, because GOD IS ALWAYS OUR FATHER.... I'm sure you've heard this before. ''If God is for us who can be against us.'' *

rodney5 9.07.08 - 09:35am
Gbopp that is all i wanted to be said very clear as you have said it. No we cant say the devil is anybodys father. We all stumble at times. Thank you. *

rodney5 9.07.08 - 09:57am
The people that JESUS said this to were clearly evil and serving no God. *

rodney5 9.07.08 - 10:34am
Joe we need a new quizz pls. *

joe.sa 9.07.08 - 04:34pm
Thanks for all the contributions.
Just to come back to relationship with God: is it something that one always feels, or are there times that one must just stay stuck in even though there are no feelings. We can even make this like a poll: 1) Always feelings. 2) Only head/heart knowledge. 3) A combination of 1 & 2.
But you can motivate your answer. *

gbopp 9.07.08 - 11:45pm
''Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.''
With God there is no half baked love. In this commandment God DEMANDS that we love Him with our all. In the Old Testament this passage was part of the law, but now Jesus Christ has made it His first and great Commandment. *

endtimes 10.07.08 - 05:54am
Love should be our motivating factor and drive to win souls for Christ. *

rodney5 10.07.08 - 06:49am
Endtimes i have never heard or read of any other way to win souls for GOD but with love. *

gbopp 10.07.08 - 11:31am
Putting God's Kingdom first is the first step on the pathway of God's miracles, and we cannot walk on this pathway unless determining His WILL, PURPOSE, and GLORY is our Number One priority as we pursue His call on our life...
To do so, turn first to His Word, which is the atmosphere in which we may understand His Will, recognize His Way, and hear the voice of His Spirit. Secondly, watch for the little things, the little signs along the way, not in the great wind, earthquake or fire, but rather in THE STILL SMALL VOICE. *

gbopp 10.07.08 - 12:11pm
''And the second is like it; 'You shall love your neighbour as you love yourself.'
One of the greatest indicators that we as growing in our relationship with God is found is our willingness
to Love.
GOD IS LOVE...
Love is not just something that He does. It is what He is. It follows then that we are never more Godly, never more like God, than when we LOVE... How easily we may look at
these two commandments and say quickly;
''I Love the Lord'' yet struggle with loving our neighbour.
Jesus Christ makes the second commandment as important as
the first. We cannot fulfill
the first commandment to love God without obeying the second command to love our neighbour... *

gbopp 10.07.08 - 12:25pm
Nor can we avoid this by narrowing our defination of ''neighbour'' to people in our ''neighbourhood''-that is, to those of our family, race, perspective, economic or intellectual level, value system or religion. In the parable of the Good Samaritan Jesus Christ makes the whole world our neighbour by qualifying anyone God puts in our path, or who needs me as My Neighbour.
Luke22:40.
''On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. *

joe.sa 10.07.08 - 01:23pm
Ok, so we can summarize by saying love for God and man (and myself) is important. Love for God is not just a feeling, but a combination of my communication with Him, His communication with me, my thinking about the relationship, and feelings. *

gbopp 10.07.08 - 11:46pm
God tells us there are two things that will sustain and fulfill our lives. Man shall not live on bread alone, ''but every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'' *

seastarr 11.07.08 - 11:26pm
Amen bro gbopp agree.GIF *

too2much 14.07.08 - 03:49am
Why do many chritains say sunday is the holy day? Where is that found in the bible ? *

agape777 14.07.08 - 05:23am
Every day is a
Holy Day!

Christians walk with the Lord everyday, not
just sunday.

rodney5 14.07.08 - 06:48am
Luk 9v23 . JESUS tells us to take up our cross daily. Not only on a sunday. Each day is a new day that i can rejoice in our GOD. *

rodney5 14.07.08 - 06:59am
Luke11v3. Give us day by day our daily bread. Is this a loaf of bread? GOD is spirit and my daily bread from him is the spiritual food i recieve from GOD daily. *

rodney5 14.07.08 - 07:03am
1Cor10v17. For we being many are one bread, and one body for we are partakers of that one bread. *

1-> 7->>

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits