Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: Fulfilling The_Law
Replies: 15 Views: 1069

gbopp 27.06.08 - 05:29pm
And The Prophets. Matthew5:21-48. Jesus gives six specific examples of how His teaching fulfills the Law and the Prophets.
v17. ''Do not think that I come to destroy the Law and the Prophets. I did not come to destroy, but fulfill.''
In each example, He contrasts Pharisaic distortions of the Law with His own interpretation, thereby demonstrating the higher righteousness.
v.20. ''For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
The sixth commandment *v.21, 22*
not only prohibits the actual deed of murder, but extends to thought and word, to unrighteous anger and destructive insults. *

gbopp 27.06.08 - 06:03pm
Matthew5:21,22. ''You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of judgement.'
22. ''But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother, without a cause shall be in danger of judgement. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, You 'fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
RACA...
is a colloquial expression of contempt for someone's mind, similar to ''blockhead'' or ''stupid,'' while fool expresses contempt for someones character. They both insinuate the person should be doomed to hell. The council initially designated the synagogue, but at the writing of this Gospel, it may have referred to an investigative body of the Church. *

gbopp 27.06.08 - 06:10pm
Hell fire is literally ''Gehenna'' the Greek translation of the Hebrew, ''Valley of Hinnom.'' The valley was a ravine south of Jerusalem where refuse was burned and where human sacrifices were offered to Molech (see 2Kings23:10).
it was most likely symbolic of the fires and judgement of eternal punishment.
5:23... Jesus shows the proper procedure for discipling an erring brother. Three steps are specified.
1. in private.
2. with witnesses.
3. before the Church.
it is to note that the offended party is to take the initiative toward reconciliation.
(see also Matt.18:15-20). *

gbopp 27.06.08 - 10:11pm
5:24,25... A major emphasis of Jesus' teaching is how to build and maintain right relationships with God and others. He views these relationships as neither unimportant nor extraneous, but as vital components of our Christian lives. Knowing God is our highest priority, but this pursuit should not diminish our interpersonal relationships with others. Rather, our personal interaction with God should produce within up the qualities of character that build and sustain all our relationships. 5:28-30... Jesus does not stop short at overt adultery, but points to adulterous desire. He demands complete self- control over the members of the body. He does not prescribe literal self-mutilation, but a rigid, moral self-denial. *

seastarr 28.06.08 - 01:29am
reading.GIF *

gbopp 28.06.08 - 04:12am
5:29, 30... Hell; The Bible teaches there are two compartments to the underworld-hell and hades/ shoel (see Matt11:23),
hell is also known as ''Gehenna'' and ''the lake of fire'' (see Rev20:10).
hell is the place of eternal, conscious punishment for the devil and those who die without receiving Christ. It is characterized by despair and anguish (see Matt.25:30),
and an awareness of the total absence of God.
Psalm88:3-5.
For my soul is full of troubles, And my life draws near to the grave.
4.I am counted with those who go down to the pit; I am like a man who has no strength, 5.Adrift among the dead, Like the slain who lie in the grave, Whom you remember no more, And who are cut off from you hand.

No one is banished to hell until the time of final judgement. *

gbopp 28.06.08 - 04:29am
God bless you seastarr hello.GIF *

gbopp 28.06.08 - 04:36am
And The Prophets. continued... Matthew5:21-48. 31,32... The Pharisees interpreted Moses' teaching on divorce to mean that a man could divorce his wife at virtually any whim.
Deut.24:1
''When a man takes a wife and marries her, and it happens that she finds no favour in his eyes because he has found some uncleanness in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, puts it in her hand, and sends her out of the house.
Jesus here counters their abuse of the law, by restricting divorce to the grounds of s*xual immorality, a term which means any deviation from the clearly defined Biblical standards for s*xual activity (for example, hmos*xuality, adultery, fornication, and prostituation). The rabbis were divided in the interpretation of the Law concerning divorce. *

gbopp 28.06.08 - 05:04am
The conservatives of the school of Shammai held that adultery was the only grounds for divorce; while the liberals of the school of Hillel advocted divorce for just any reason, even personal dislike. God's design is that marriage be an abiding state.
Moses Law was a concession to human weakness and was not given to make divorce easier; rather, it was a restriction of easy divorce, giving the wife some protection. The passage at Deut24:1-4 does not provide divine sanction for divorce; rather, it simply recognizes that divorce was practised among the Israelites. The requirement of a certificate of marriage for a wife had the effect of nullifying all the husband's rights to the dowry she had brought into the marriage. *

gbopp 28.06.08 - 05:14am
When christ discussed this passage with the Pharisees, He declared that Moses permitted divorce because of the hardness of human hearts, though God never intended divorce to occur.
*Moses was a type of Christ*
Deut.18:15,18) 5:33-37... The Pharisees developed elaborate rules governing vows, and only those employing the Divine Name were binding. Jesus associates their deception with the very nature of the evil one and teaches that a vow is binding regardless of what formula is used. The use of oaths is superflous when one's word ought to suffice. Oath-taking is an implicit confession that we do not always tell the truth.
33.''Again you have heard that it was said of old, You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.
(Lev.19:12; Deut.23:23) *

gbopp 28.06.08 - 05:56am
34.''But I say to you, do not swear at all; neither by heaven, for it is God's Throne. 35.''nor by earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King Isaiah66:1,2 ''Heaven is My Throne and earth is My footstool; Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My *rest?
2.For all those things My hand made, and all those things that exist,'' says the Lord. ''But on this one I will look; On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word.

Stephen quoted this passage (Acts7:49, 50) as proof that God's New Testament plan is to live in human beings and not in man-made temples.
5:36, 37... ''Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. *

gbopp 28.06.08 - 06:28am
37.''But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is *more that these is from the evil one.
5:29-42... The Law of retaliation... (see Ex.21:24; Lev.24:20; Deut.19:21).
was not intended to encourage personal revenge, but to protect the defender from punishment happier than his offence warranted. Christ forbids revenge by insisting upon positive good in the face of evil in terms of personal insult *v39* legal convention *v40* forced labor *v41* and requests for gifts or loans *v42* 38.''You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' 39.''But I tell you not to *resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the *other to him also.
40.''If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.

gbopp 28.06.08 - 06:55am
41. ''And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. 42.*''Give to him who asks you, and from him who *wants to borrow from you do not turn away. *

gbopp 28.06.08 - 07:02am
And The Prophets. continued... Matthew5:21-48
The Law of Love... Matthew5:43-48. ''You have heard it was said, 'You shall love your neighbour and hate you enemy.
44.''But I say to you, love your enemies, and bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.
45.''that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46.''For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47.''And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others?
Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48.''Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

gbopp 28.06.08 - 07:28am
The Old Testament precept of love is found in Lev.19:18, but hatred of one's enemies was a Pharisaic addition. Love is not a matter of sentiment alone, but practical concern, blessing, prayer, and positive wishes for well-being. Just as God indiscriminately sends rain and sunshine upon the just and the unjust alike, so Jesus Christ's disciples must be indiscriminate in their extension of love to friend and enemy. The emphasis on the command to
be perfect
is not on a flawless moral nature but on an all-exclusive love that seeks the good of all. Instead of following the example of sinners who love only those who love them, we are to like the Father in also loving those who do not love us. Amen. *

gbopp 28.06.08 - 07:42am
Matthew22:34-40 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together.
35.Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36.''Teacher, ''which is the greatest commandment
in the law?''

37.Jesus said to him, ''You shall *love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
38.''This is the
first and great commandment. 39.''And the
second is like it;
'You shall love your neighbour
as yourself.'

40.''On
these two commandments hang all the

Law and the Prophets. *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE