Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: It's Not My Battle Or Yours!
Replies: 4 Views: 420

rider13 25.06.08 - 06:22pm
Once upon a time or so the story goes, there was born a child graced with beauty and strength. He grew into manhood demonstrating wisdom, knowledge, skill and piety.

His gifts distinguished him above all others. Therefore, he was made guardian of the village. The elders gave unto him a sword that would not break; a shield that would not bend; a helmet that would never loose its luster, and a breastplate that would never tarnish.

Standing his post for more than thirty years, he prevailed over all that would come to cause hurt or harm to the village.

One day there came the rumbling of a new enemy; one that could not be defeated. Village after village fell in their wake. So, the guardian sought the Lord in prayer.

Do not enter this battle nor turn your attention to this enemy, because this battle is not yours; came the reply.

rider13 25.06.08 - 06:23pm
However, worry troubled the village. Doubt pledged the guardian, and murmurring created fear in all.

A cry went out for every man of every free village to gather themselves and fight as one. So, the guardian took his shield that would not bend, his sword that would not break, his helmet that would never loose its luster, and the breastplate that could not tarnish and met the enemy on the battlefield.

Against all odds, the guardian battled. In the midst of the fighting, the shield gave way and bent. The sword broke, while the helmet lost its luster and the breastplate tarnished. The enemy prevailed.

Weeks later nursing his wounds, the guardian remembered the warning and agianst sought the Lord in prayer.

Do not turn your eyes to the enemy for this battle is not yours; came his reply.

Again, the cry went out for men and arms, and the guardian answered the call. This time he took no shield, sword, or helmet and he left the breastplate at home.

As the two great armies arrayed themselves for battle, the guardian marched out alone and knelt in prayer.

Then came the sound of a million marching souls as a mighty rushing wind. It had at its core the beat of wings from a thousand warring angels. It rushed over the enemy and there was heard cries of sorrow; weeping of regret; and the sound of fear and of fleeting feet. And, the enemy was destroyed.

In time, the sword and shield were forgotten. The helmet and breastplate was hide away, but the guardian remained on his post.

rider13 25.06.08 - 06:24pm
COMMON SENSE SAYS: Trials and tribulations, battles and wars will come and go, but if you keep your eye on the Lord, He will keep a watch over your enemy for not all battles are yours. *

rider13 25.06.08 - 06:26pm
Thank You Lord for giving me true christian friend's who helped to open my eyes to see that YOU ARE IN CHARGE AND NOT ME! *

seastarr 25.06.08 - 10:55pm
Amen! God Is the one with ALL the Power! *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits