CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: YOU CAN'T, BUT HE CAN!
Replies: 42 Views: 1165

endtimes 12.06.08 - 09:54am
coming soon sheep.GIF *

endtimes 13.06.08 - 05:39pm
The Lord wants you to be yourself, God doesnt want you to try or pretend to be something youre not and couldnt possibly be. However, He teaches in His wnrd that almost anybody can be almost anything - if they have faith and it's according to His will. *

endtimes 13.06.08 - 07:44pm
If you have faith, even faith no bigger than a tiny mustard seed, you could say to a mountain, move from here to there, and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. So anybody can be somebody or somebody can be anybody, because with God nothing is impossible and all things are possibke to those who believe. *

endtimes 13.06.08 - 07:48pm
A lot of Christians make idols of the great men and women of God of the past. They idolize the heroes of the Bible, the patriachs and the prophets, the Christian saints and martyrs, and they exalt them to such heights that they make it almost impossible for others to believe they could ever do the same things. *

endtimes 13.06.08 - 07:53pm
And, sad to say, it seems that all too often people do that to excuse themselves. They want to be able to say, Its impossible to be like that today. That sort of thing is reserved for Bible times, or saints or patriachs or prophets. *

rodney5 13.06.08 - 08:00pm
Without faith it is impossible to please GOD. Heb 11v6. Everything started with GOD and by the word of GOD. *

endtimes 13.06.08 - 08:06pm
Nobody else can be like that. Ordinary Christians arent supposed to try to be like that. Its out of our sange. Youd have to be perfect. Its impossible. Dont even try? Thats reserved for special, chosen, exalted ones, those holy ones who were specially made in Heaven, not the normal run of humanity. *

endtimes 13.06.08 - 08:11pm
People today cant expect to do miracles or have other gifts of the Spirit like the apostles and great missionaries of the past had. The day of miracles is past! Thats what they say. Its to excuse their own sad spiritual state and lack of good works. *

endtimes 13.06.08 - 08:14pm
They dont want to have to do those things themselves, or to have others expect that much of them. And one of the biggest lies the devil tells that is, You cant be that way because your sinful and make mistakes, and you cannot be both good and bad. *

rodney5 13.06.08 - 08:16pm
The things which are impossible with men are possible with GOD.Math18v27. *

endtimes 13.06.08 - 08:18pm
Well, the Lord in His Word said, there is none righteous, no, not one...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of GOD. And that includes whom? - Not only you and me, but the saints and the prophets and the apostles and the patriarchs, and everyone except God Himself. *

endtimes 13.06.08 - 08:24pm
Now, that changes the picture! That brings the apostles, prophets and heroes of the Bible down to our level, and that means its possible for us to become more like them. Regardless of our sins and mistakes and faults or whatever, we too can be used of the Lord. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:12pm
If the devil tells you that you'll never amount to anytng for the Lord because you're so bad, dont listen to him. That isn't so! Most Christians are taught that they can't go to Heaven unless they're saintly. But that is the most d*mnable sin of all: to think you can be good enough to deserve to go to Heaven or be saved! *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:19pm
That is self-works, self-righteousness, hypocrisy - and its a doctrine of devils! God created man and put him on earth in part to demonstrate His power in giving him salvation - to show that in spite of all our faults and shortcomings He can save us and make us useful. He can even use you. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:23pm
The fact that God can use you, bad as you are, gives the glory to Jesus when you do anything good or right.

Ill give all the glory to Jesus,
And tell of His love,
His wonderful love.
Ill give all the glory to Jesus,
And and tell of His wonderful love!

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:27pm
Even the great apostle Paul lamented, Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? But then the Lord encouraged m with the answer to his dilemma: Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:30pm
Now, doesnt that give you some hope? When the Devil reminds you of your mistakes and faults and shortcomings, it helps to remind yourself that, yes, you're no good; yes, you're a sinner; yes, except for the love and mercy and grace and goodness of God, you'd never make it! *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:33pm
It takes a miracle of the grace of God! It all has to be a miracle! Your thoughts, your love for the Lord and others, your work for the Lord - all of it is a miracle of God's grace. faith working through love. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:39pm
Its GOD's work. You just have to have the faith that GOD is going to do it THROUGH you. ..im convinced that im nothing and nobody and could never do anything, im too sinful, too carnal, i dont read my Bible enough, i dont pray enough, how could i ever hope to do anything for God? *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:43pm
Be honest. Isnt that the way you feel sometimes? Im sure the Devil lies to you like that too. When he does, slap him in the face with Scriptures. Like Jesus did when the Devil tempted Him in the wilderness. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:48pm
Its no longer i who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which i now live in the flesh i live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Where sin and human faults and failings abound, God's grace does more abound. Thats what it's all about! *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:52pm
Why do you think the Lord lets you make mistakes? Why do you think God let Adam and Eve fall prey to temptation in the Garden? - To prove that they needed God, and to prove that YOU need God! You can't do it on your own! And what does that do? - It glorifies the Lord! *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:55pm
So do you get the point? This is what its all about - that it's all for the glory of God. Of course you can't do it! Of course you can't save yourself! Of course you can't be good or do anything good of yourself! He said Himself, Without Me you can do nothing. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 12:58pm
A lot of people have been taught the false doctrine that they're supposed to do most of it with just a little help from God, but i want to tell you right now, God does it all! *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:05pm
Isnt that a comforting thought? Isnt it wonderful to know that you can just trust the Lord and not worry about having to be perfect? Trust the Lord; He's going to do it. You dont have to have faith to do things that the Lord isnt asking or expecting of you. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:08pm
You just have to have faith to be what He's made you to be and to do the job He has for you, whatever that may be. Dont try to be somebody you're not, but dont let the Devil lie to you that you cant be who God can make you, or do what God wants to do through you. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:11pm
God wont ask you to do anything more than He knows you can do, with His help. Too many Christians have been tauit two conflicting doctrines: first, that they cant be saintly and perfect, and second that they cant be saved unless they are. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:15pm
Both are the Devil's own doctrines! Its no wonder that a lot of Christians give up tryin to be or do anything for the Lord! But the wonderful truth of the matter is that you can do anything with Jesus' help. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:17pm
With His help you can do anything, go anywhere, and be anybody God wants you to be! God has given us a free will, but to be successful for the Lord or even as happy as He would like to make us, we have to continually yield that will to Him. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:20pm
We have to find out from Him what His will for us is - what He knows is best for others and us - and then choose that. Everybody has their place and job for the Lord, like the pieces on a chessboard. Chesspieces have no will of their own. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:24pm
When a player picks up a chesspiece and moves it to another square, the chesspiece doesnt protest; it yields and goes where it's sent, right? Well, you're in God's hands! Think of that whenever the Devil tempts you to worry about this or that. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:27pm
You're in the hands of the Master and He's going to put you wherever He wants you, so just trust the Lord. You dont have to make all the decisions; you only have to be yielded. But you're a free moral agent and you can choose not to be yielded. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:30pm
When it comes right down to it, the only decision you have to make is to choose to do God's will, whatever it might be. Simply yield to His moves, and let Him do the thinking and the choosing. He can see the whole chessboard, and all the pieces. *

agape777 14.06.08 - 01:33pm
reading2.GIF hello.GIF *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:34pm
You've got very limited vision and very limited power, but He sees and has it all. Just be what God wants you to be. Dont worry about what you can be or cant be or will be or wont be. Its wonderful to let God decide, because He always has our best interests at heart and He knows whats best. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:35pm
Hehe! helo agape777 hello3.GIF *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:37pm
He never fails. Even if He should let us get His instructions wrong op do something wrong, He's able to use even that to teach us some lesson amd bring about some good if our hearts are right with Him. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:43pm
So quit worrying about what God's going to do. You're in God's hands. Trust in the Lord, and do good. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways aknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:48pm
When a guide leads you down a path thats new to you, he doesnt tell you what youre going to need before you get to the turn or the fork in the way. He waits till you get to the point where you need to know before he tells you what to do or where to go next - and thats the way it is with the Lord. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:52pm
In most cases, you dont need to know all the details of what youre going to do tomorrow. Jesus said not to worry about tomorrow. You often have to plan ahead, but youre not to worry about tomorrow. Just do what God knows you can do and what God asks you to do today, and be prepared to do the same tomorrow. *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:55pm
All you have to do is what God tells you to do. He doesnt even expect you to do it yourself. He will reach down and take ahold of you and move you where He wants you to go. You cant do it, anyway - but you can with His help! You cant, but He can! *

endtimes 14.06.08 - 01:56pm
Notes were taken from David Brandt Berg. *

rodney5 15.06.08 - 12:06pm
No man can and will say he has no sin. It can be a king Or Bishop or Apostle or Prophet or Priest or Dominee or Pastor and the list goes on. Not one will say they have no sin. We all sin even in our thoughts. *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits