CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: A certain SAMARATAN
Replies: 11 Views: 1544

rodney5 30.05.08 - 06:27am
Why did the Priest not help the man that fell amongst the thieves? *

waittiki 30.05.08 - 02:39pm
In Luke 10v30,we read of the parable about the good samaritan,were Christ teaches us the way any true believer is to show love toward one another.The priest and the levite did not do so cause they were not true men of God.The samaritans were considered heathen and the Jews would have nothing to do with them and yet he of all people showed the greatest love which the priest and the levite ought to show and teach.To put it another way,its not what one is called or referred to that matters,but what God has done to the heart of those saved as we read in Ezekiel36v26. *

rodney5 30.05.08 - 04:40pm
I read the bible says a certain Samaratan and a certain man. Then if we go to Phillip and the Unic a certain water is spoken about.? *

rodney5 30.05.08 - 04:58pm
Does the word certain in the bible mean a Godly condition? *

joe.sa 30.05.08 - 06:16pm
Maybe the priest and levite was too busy with their religiosity, to help the Samaritan.That was obviously missing the point. *

rodney5 30.05.08 - 07:31pm
Could it be that the Priest was the reason that the man was overcome by thieves? It was by chance that the Priest was on that road. Could be that the Priest was on a road he should not have been on and did not want to be seen? *

gbopp 31.05.08 - 04:19am
In Luke10:30, ''A certain man'' and 10:33, ''A certain Samaritan.'' who are they? Acts_chapter8; *v5.then Phillip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them. *v9. but there was a ''certain man'' named Simon, who previously practised sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great. *v13.Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Phillip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done. *I can't find the term ''certain water'' but i'm assuming the water was used for the baptism of repentance, v22, *and the laying on of hands to receive the Holy Spirit v19... *Also is Acts13:6, the expression ''certain sorcery'' is used, A false prophet whose name was Bar-Jesus, which means son of Jesus, no relationship with the Christ. *

rodney5 31.05.08 - 07:50am
Acts 8v36 They came unto a certain water. I apolagise my spelling was incorrect. It is Philip and the Eunuch. My understanding of a Eunuch is a infertile man?? *

rodney5 31.05.08 - 07:58am
I see the word certain is used 194 times in the BIBLE. It is mostly used when a place or name was not recorded. *

gbopp 31.05.08 - 03:16pm
Acts8:39 is interesting, its says ''when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Phillip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more, and he went on his way rejoicing.'' the next time phillip appears is in Acts21:8, supposedly 20 years later. !wow! Check out Acts8:27, and then see Psalm68:31? The Psalm is prophecy. *eunuch has a couple of meanings that I know of. Born infertile, and a man who has been castrated, in those days eunuch's took care of harems. *

rodney5 31.05.08 - 04:22pm
Why when the Eunuch came out of the water did he not see Philip no more?Before we are baptised we only see man. When we recieve a Spiritual eye and we have the Gift of God in us then we do not see the same man that taught us but we see the Gift of God and then adress him as Brother or whatever gift GOD has placed in him. *

gbopp 10.07.08 - 12:50pm
Hey rodney, what has God done for you, and what is the gift from God that has changed your life more than anything else? *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits