Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: Observe the Sabbath!
Replies: 28 Views: 2602

mrsms 13.03.08 - 04:31pm
Exo.20vs8 ' Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.Six days you shall labor and do all your work,but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God,on it you shall not do any work' what are your views on this saints,this is too controvesial amongst some christian communities,some go to church on sa ay,saying they are obseving the sabbath,and criticising those who go to church on sundaychicklet.GIF what IS YOUR OPINION On ThIs???chin.GIF *

endtimes 13.03.08 - 04:55pm
Very important subject, i will make the time to get back with an answer *

suzy5 14.03.08 - 02:15pm
This was on a Saterday. Now we are in new testm.There is no scripture to say Sunday. Saterday was for jews only, we are not in the law. *

n1ck 14.03.08 - 04:20pm
Looking forward to the replies on this one. I would alre like to learn more about this. *

winter16 15.03.08 - 01:00pm
Jesus Lord of shabbath too, He fulfiled old law made new one, love God and everyone aftar that. Agree those laws was for the Jews, we are al free from the law now right? *

mrsms 15.03.08 - 04:45pm
luvmsg.GIF *

jidat 18.03.08 - 06:22am
we, should c, ther is NO LAW, 4 a Christian.. but.. do u want make Father happy? He juz ask 4 us, only 1 day each week 4 Him.. closer! try 2 b a gut father! ur sons, very buzy, do u want them 2 join wth u a single day 2 share a lot? remember ur work from Him, He set ur job! *

levafix 19.03.08 - 05:06am
wel i thnk dat the sabath dnt apply anymore.just look at wat the Jewish law required and wat Jesus did on the sabath.and if we chose to follow this wat bout the other sabath days? *

lady34 21.03.08 - 05:18am
Please read your bible. Gen2v2.And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made. He never just rested that is why Jesus never sinned when he worked on the seventh day. We must not just read the part we want to believe in. *

endtimes 22.03.08 - 08:39am
If we look at the 10 Commandments we see that keeping the Sabbath is a religious commandment, while all the other commandments are moral laws. The Sabbath does not tell anything about the moral condition of an individual, but murder, adultery, theft etc. Does.
Paul clearly warns against those who preach the necessity of keeping the Sabbath:
Col. 2:16,17

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is Christ.
Paul tells us in this verse that the Sabbath was also only a shadow of the things that is to come. Christ Himself being our true Sabbath. *

endtimes 22.03.08 - 08:47am
When the rich young ruler asked Jesus which commandmends to obey, Jesus listed many of them, but the Sabbath was not mentioned. (Matt. 19:18-19)
Jesus Himself had a run-in with many that got angry with Him because His disciples broke the Sabbath on one occasion. Jesus healed on the Sabbath, and the religious leaders became very upset when He did so. Matt12:18. Technically Jesus worked on the Sabbath by healing the sick.

Jesus pointed out that even they that preaches that everyone should keep the Sabbath, work on the Sabbath by preacing. *

endtimes 22.03.08 - 09:14am
Nothing in the N.T encourages the keeping of the Sabbath. The Jews observed the Sabbath from Friday 6pm to Sa ay 6pm. Concerning Sunday as the Sabbath, the historical accounts show that the early Church usually met on Sunday. (1Cor 16:2). Even before the turn of the first century, Sunday was called by Christians as The Lord's Day (Rev 1:10).
When the Church became mostly Gentiles, Sunday became the usual meeting time in order to correspond to the resurrection of the Lord, and also the day when the Holy Spirit came. But there is no Scriptural rule about what day we should meet. *

endtimes 22.03.08 - 09:25am
The entire law has collectively passed away since Jesus fulfillf it. (Matt 5:17-18). This includes the 10 Commandments. 2Cor 3:3 makes reference to laws given on tablets of stone - an obvious allusion to the 10 Commandments calling it the administration of death. This verse teaches that N.T believers do not live by such commandments but rather by the Spirit of God.

This does'nt mean the 10 Commandments are irrelevant, but they are not the means of godly living. When we live by the Holy Spirit we fulfill the righteous requirement of the law which is God's Holiness. All 10 Commandments are quotet in the N.T. epistles with the exception of the 4th one pertaining to the Sabbath. Col 2:13-17 tells us that we are not to be bound by the observance of any day including the Sabbath day. The Sabbath was abolished by Christ's death on the cross. *

lady34 22.03.08 - 02:30pm
Endtimes how lost will i be if i choose one day out of seven to serve and praise God? *

marfill 15.04.08 - 08:09pm
Scripturally, there is no such thing as the CHRISTIAN Sabbath. The Sabbath commandment was given to ancient Israel, not to Christians.The Sabbath that Jesus Christ observed (AND BROKE), was not, however, Sunday or the first day of the week. We know for a fact, historically, the Sabbath being kept in the time of Christ's earthly ministry, was the SEVENTH day or Sa ay. Actually from Friday sunset till Sa ay sunset. *

marfill 15.04.08 - 08:13pm
As the Sabbath command was part of the Old Covenant Law, which Paul went to great length to inform us that we are no longer under, it makes little difference which day is the Sabbath of Israel. The Sabbath like ALL aspects of the law of Moses and the law of God, the Torah, the Old Testament, was a shadow of something to come. It pictured something to come that would be the spiritual fulfillment of this command. Jesus Christ was the fulfillment of the Passover lamb. Jesus was slain, and so it would be WRONG for us to continue to slay a Passover lamb every Passover season to cover our sins. *

marfill 15.04.08 - 08:19pm
Likewise, the Sabbath pictured entering into a REST with God from our own WORKS. Not just our weekly physical labor of earning a living, but ALL OF OUR OWN WORKS..............So, if one tries to KEEP the Sabbath after Christ as already fulfilled it (as with the Passover lamb), then by trying to keep the law you actually BREAK the law! Just like when Paul said if we are circumcised to fulfill the law of circumcision given to Abraham and Israel, to show out spirituality, we indeed fall from grace. By works of law no flesh at all shall be justified Paul tells us. How can one REST FROM HIS WORKS by keeping (spiritual WORKS) the Sabbath LAW?

seastarr 15.04.08 - 10:19pm
Paul tells us in 1 Cor 7:17-19. But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches. Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Circumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what
matters.
verse 23 goes on to say: You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. angel2.GIF *

endtimes 16.04.08 - 07:53am
amen to that answers sis marfill and seastarr! agree.GIF *

joe.sa 22.04.08 - 03:08pm
I just want to say that I think there is a prin l of one restday in 7. Doesn't matter which one. *

addy12 30.04.08 - 10:54am
Sa ay as sabbath was a law and if u want 2 live by d law dn u can start practising all d laws in the book of Leviticus, Numbers & Deuteronomy. But remember dt even in all Dse law d bible makes us 2 know dt d jews who practised dm didnt please God. Dt their hrts were far frm him. So practising d law doesnt make u a saint. Also we r not under d law, Rms.6:14. Today He has come 2 fulfill d law, Gal. 5:14 and dy Shd b done away wit. All we r 2 do now is worship God wit our hrts. (Col. 2:16,20-23). However if a man wishes 2 go 2 church on sa ay, let him know in his hrt dt he is going not because it is a law but because it is just a day like any other day and he wants 2 worship God. *

rodney5 16.05.08 - 05:34pm
God ended his work which he had made and then rested. He did not end the work on the sixth day and just rested on the seventh. Gen 2v2. The son of God continiually worked on the seventh day?? *

agape777 22.05.08 - 04:40am
On one particular Sabbath, Jesus Christ saw in the synagogue a man with a withered hand. The Pharisees watched, eager to see what He would do. The Saviour did not hesitate to break down the wall of traditional requirements that barricaded the Sabbath. Christ told the afflicted man to stand forth, and asked, ''Is it lawful to do good on the Sabbath or to do evil? to save life, or to kill?'' It was a maxim among the Jews that failure to do good when one had opportunity, was to do evil; to neglect to save life was to kill. Thus Christ meet the rabbis on their own ground. ''But they were silent. And He looked at them with anger, grieved at the hardness of heart, and said to the man, 'stretch out your hand.' he stretched it out, and his hand was restored.'' Mark3:4, 5 *

agape777 22.05.08 - 04:56am
When questioned, ''Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?'' Christ answered, ''What man of you, if he has one sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out?'' Of how much more value is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath Matthew12:10-12. The spies dared not answer Christ. They knew He spoke the truth. Rather than violate traditions, they would leave a man to suffer, while they would relieve a brute because of the loss to the owner if it were neglected. Greater care was shown for animals than for man. This illustrates the working of false religions. They originate in man's desire to exalt himself above God, but result in degrading man below the brute. Every false religion teaches its adherents to the careless of human needs, suffering, and rights. The Gospel places a high value on humanity as the purchase of the Blood of Christ, and teaches a tender regard for the wants and woes of man. The Pharisees were hunting Christ's life with bitter hatred, while He was saving life and bringing happiness to the multitudes. *

agape777 22.05.08 - 05:16am
Was it better to slay upon the Sabbath, as they were planning to do, than to heal the afflicted, as Christ had done. In healing the withered hand, Christ condemned the custom of the Jews, and left the fourth commandment standing as God had given it. ''It is lawful to do well on the Sabbath.'' He declared. By sweeping away senseless restrictions, Christ Honored the Sabbath, while those who complained of Him were dishonoring the Sabbath. Those who hold that Christ abolished the law teach that He broke the Sabbath and justified His disciples in doing the same. Thus they are taking the same ground as did the caviling Jews. In this they contradict Christ Himself, who declared, ''I have keep My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.'' John15:10. Neither the Saviour nor His followers broke the Sabbath. Looking upon a nation of witnesses who were seeking occasion to condemn Him, He could say unchallenged ''Which of you convicts Me of sin.'' John8:46. Jesus said, ''The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath,'' The Ten Commandments, of which the Sabbath forms a part, God gave to His people as a blessing. Deuteronomy.6:24. +Of all who keep ''the Sabbath from polluting it,'' the Lord declares, ''even them will I bring to My Holy Mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Isaiah56:6,7. *

agape777 22.05.08 - 06:02am
cont... ''The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath'' For ''all things were made by Him; and without Him was not any things was made that was made.'' John1:3. Since Christ made all things, He made the Sabbath. By Him it was set apart as a memorial of creation. It points to Him as both Creator and Sanctifier. It declares that He is head of the Church and that by His Power we are Reconciled to God. He said, ''I gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they may know that I am the Lord that sanctified them.'' Ezekiel20:12. To all who receive the Sabbath as a sign of Christ's Creative and Redeeming Power, it will be a delight. Isaiah58:13, 14. While it calls to mind the lost peace of Eden, it tells of peace restored through the Saviour. And every object in nature repeats His invitation, ''come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy burden, and I will give you rest.'' Matthew11:28. *

lavabud 25.06.08 - 01:47pm
I agree with the bible. . M seventh day adventist. . I follow and believe that the seventh day is the sabbath day n we shud kip it holy. . For it is the day f rest. . Kept by God. . *

jirey 4.07.08 - 08:38am
everyday can be ur sabbath. The most important thing is to keep it holy. Coz christians livin in moslem countries take fridays as their sabbath.just keep it holy by honoring ur God *

canuck 6.11.09 - 05:46am
AMEN ENDTIMES. YES THE SABBATH DAY IS A EVERGOING DEBATE. GOD SET ANOTHER DAY CALLING IT TODAY. THE EIGHTH DAY. OR THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK. I RECENTLY POSTED THIS WITH MANY OF THE SAME REF AS ENDTIMES WITH A FULLER EXPLANATION IN THE GENERAL RELIGIOUS FORUMS AREA. GOD BLESS! *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits