Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

CHRISTIANSTYLE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CHRISTIANSTYLE > Topics

Subject: Daily Devotions
Replies: 6 Views: 901

longhorn 18.03.10 - 03:54pm
When he began the reckoning, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him; and, as he could not pay, his lord ordered him to be sold, together with his wife and children and all his possessions, and payment to be made. So the slave fell on his knees before him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything. And out of pity for him, the lord of that slave released him and forgave him the debt.
(Matthew 18.24-27 NRSV )

Jesus told a parable. A certain king wanted to settle accounts with his servants so he called them in one by one. There was a servant who owed the king ten thousand talents - a vast sum of money. It would be impossible for the servant to ever pay off his debt. He would have to work 150,000 years to earn ten thousand talents. The average person could not even comprehend such a gigantic sum. Jesus exaggerates the figure deliberately. He wants us to see that the servant could never pay the debt off no matter how hard he worked, no matter how much over time he put in, no matter how many weekends he worked. It was downright impossible.

The king was ready to sell the servant along with his wife and children into slavery because he could not pay his debt. The servant fell on his knees and pleaded with the king. Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything. Out of pity, Jesus said, the king forgave the entire amount of the debt. The servant was free. The only thing he owed the king was a big thank you. What a relief! He and his family would not be sold into slavery. He was free. Thanks to the goodness of the king he didn't owe a cent.

We don't run into such a generous attitude very often. When we do, it makes our day.

The king in this story represents God who sent Jesus to pay our debt. What an awesome gift! Our response should be generous too in our forgiveness and grace to one another.

Lord Jesus, may I be as generous as you have been to me. Amen.

Ron Newhouse

abesky 22.03.11 - 09:57am
Whither that Leader
Becoming an ecclesiastical leader is a serious issue. Not everyone can become a pastor or prophet. We need to be extremely prayerful and careful in choosing leaders. In luke 6: 12-16, the Lord had an all night prayer meeting before picking His 12 apostles, yet, one of them was a traitor. If He needed to depend on God in appointing leaders, we need to depend on God all the more. *

bigmafta 22.03.11 - 07:09pm
Amen! God is the source of evrything *

merallo 24.03.11 - 09:16pm
Amen glory 2 God *

maythumb 25.07.11 - 08:52am
awesome,this is nice,i give my thanks to such a King. *

* CHRISTIANSTYLE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CHRISTIANSTYLE

Create Your Own App Store

topTop